Saturday 10 May 2014

Holiday Beauty Kit: Laura Mercier Artist Custom Portfolio

Recently I did a post on the Art Deco Beauty Box (customisable palette). I was wondering if I'd really just stick to using this one palette while on holiday, or cave and take a slew of other products. While I was tempted to take some back up, I did my best to keep it as minimal as possible - which is, by the way, SUPER difficult when you're planning a night out and it's imperative to bring in the big guns to make one's fancy face.

It's not what I'd call light packing, but I still think I did ok considering the mission.

Below are photos of the whole arsenal. I lie; there was actually one separate toiletry bag that housed boring essentials such as moisturiser, sunscreen, toothbrush, floss, mouthwash, etc.etc. But I don't need to bore you with that. Let's look at the fun stuff!

Hard shell to protect the contents
Two zippered pockets on the left, brush pockets on the right
Flip the brush compartment over, two more zippered pockets on the right
The pockets are detachable - they're magnetised
Just a capped powder brush, foundation brush and eyeliner here
My friend that lives in London brought this over for me as it's pretty hard to find - they don't stock Laura Mercier at all over here. I normally buy any Laura Mercier via Strawberrynet.com

This custom portfolio also came with two customisable palettes: one takes 3 pans, the other takes 6. But like I said, it's pretty hard to buy Laura Mercier so I won't be filling those up any time soon...

Price-wise, I'd consider it a bit of a splurge... around 65 pounds I think, so roughly NZD$125 depending on the current conversion rate. 

Anyway, here are the contents:

Trying to keep it minimal
Close up - I tried to use as much mini's as possible
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick, Art Deco Beauty Box, Stila foundation stick (used as contour), Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner and Art Deco Eyeshadow Base
Shu Uemura Eyelash curler, travel perfume atomiser, Estee Lauder mini travel kabuki brush
Making the face: Body Shop face primer, Missha BB Cream, Rimmel foundation, Stila foundation stick (contour), Stila pressed powder, L'Oreal loose powder, MAC fix spray (in a travel bottle)
These items were all I needed in my hand-carry: NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita, Maybelline Baby Lips, Stila pressed powder, Anna Sui oil papers


A.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment